Saturday, August 29, 2026

The best early outdoor deals from the REI Labor Day sale

PLUS: Watch your own live nature show with the Birdfy Nest Duo.

WIRED Gear Logo - Deals of the Week

Labor Day is around the corner, and we’ve rounded up the best early deals we’ve found on outdoor gear from REI, home improvement tools, kitchen gadgets, and a great gaming headset.


We’ve also updated our guides to the best laptops and Google Pixel phones, and our review of Green Chef meal kits. Plus, watch baby birds hatch in real time with the new Birdfy Nest Duo smart nesting box.

Molly Higgins

Commerce Production and Operations Coordinator

All products featured on WIRED are independently selected by our editors. However, we may receive compensation from retailers and/or from purchases of products through these links. Learn more.

THIS WEEK’S PICKS

The 31 Best Deals From the REI Labor Day Sale

 

By Scott Gilbertson

 

Labor Day already? Say it ain’t so. You can still chase summer a while longer with these great deals on outdoor gear at the REI Labor Day Sale.

READ MORE

After Testing Hundreds of Laptops, These Are the Models I Recommend

 

By Luke Larsen

 

I’ve tested laptops for more than a decade. From MacBooks to gaming laptops, these are the laptops that I recommend you go buy today.

READ MORE

We’ve Tried Every Pixel Phone Ever Made—Here Are the Best to Buy Right Now

 

By Julian Chokkattu and Simon Hill

 

Pixel 11 or Pixel 11 Pro Fold? Here’s an extensive guide to all the models, plus Pixel accessory recommendations and smart software tricks to try.

READ MORE

The Best Early Labor Day Kitchen Deals for Busy Fall Days

 

By Kat Merck

 

Get back into meal-prep mode with discounts on WIRED-tested appliances and cookware.

READ MORE

Dang, This Is the Tastiest Fish I’ve Gotten From a Meal Kit

 

By Matthew Korfhage

 

HelloFresh’s organic-focused meal service offers fresh herbs and the best seafood I’ve had from a meal kit. The gluten-free options are also truly gluten-free.

READ MORE

I Scoured Labor Day Sales to Build a Complete Starter Tool Kit for Less Than $375

 

By Kat Merck

 

I combed through Labor Day 2026 sales to find the power tools and other essentials that cover nearly every household repair.

READ MORE

I Watched a Family of Chickadees Grow Up in This Smart Birdhouse

 

By Kat Merck

 

This dual-camera smart nesting box brought me a riveting, though occasionally heartbreaking, live nature show.

READ MORE

The Best Gaming Headset Is Close to Its Best Price

 

By Louryn Strampe

 

I love this multi-device headset, and right now it’s cheaper than what I paid for it.

READ MORE

The Best of WIRED in Your Inbox

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletters.

This email was sent to you by WIRED. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), Please add our email address, wired@newsletters.wired.com, to your address book.

View our Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment