Saturday, October 10, 2026

Inside the WIRED shopping group chat

PLUS: “Everyone needs to hear about this dish soap I bought.”

WIRED Gear Logo - Deals of the Week

We shop for a living, and now we are dead. This week, we worked around the clock and dug through roughly 10,000 deals—a conservative estimate—as we compiled the absolute best prices on gadgets, fitness tech, sleep gear, headphones, Macs, and more.


So what did we actually fill our carts with? Socks with a lifetime guarantee. AirPods Pro 3. Plus a few surprises, like a one-of-a-kind rug. Check out some samples from the “Just bought it!” Slack thread below …

COOPER FLEISHMAN

Executive Commerce Director

All products featured on WIRED are independently selected by our editors. However, we may receive compensation from retailers and/or from purchases of products through these links. Learn more.

THE UNSEXY ESSENTIALS

  • “My husband's car DIED IN THE IN-N-OUT DRIVE THRU on Tuesday night,” says WIRED digital production senior manager Kim Chua, who raced to the restaurant on a rescue mission and promptly ordered the trusty Weego battery jump-starter on our recommendation. “Please warn people not to get caught in the drive-thru line without one.”


  • “I have never tried this brand, but I bought this Spotminders Wireless Charger that’s on sale for $29 for my boyfriend. His phone's charging port is broken, and it drives me crazy that it’s perpetually almost dead. Also, very unsexy, but I bought this Ridge USB-C charger to have an extra one at home.”—Molly Higgins, Reviews coordinator


  • “Everyone needs to hear about this dish soap I bought,” says Reviews editor Kat Merck, who found a 4-pack of Dawn Powerwash Spray for $12. “I am not ashamed to admit that dish spray in a bottle has changed my life. It’s not only a no-mess, only-spray-what-you-need solution for dishes, but you can use it to clean all sorts of things, from clothes to your car.”


  • “I grabbed another pair of Loop ear plugs!”—Reece Rogers, senior writer, Gear


  • A water leak detector, writes Reviews senior writer Simon Hill. “Water leak detectors are for boring losers who like to live in dry houses and avoid crippling water damage repairs.” Sold!

THE SPLURGES

  • “Because I want to wake up more peacefully, I’m eyeing the newest sunrise alarm clock from Hatch, the Hatch Sleep Clock.”—Molly


  • I bought a one-of-a-kind Revival rug on double sale (20 percent off plus another 20 percent). Molly, who owns the Garland rug, sold me on the brand, which sources textiles from across the world. “Every time people come over, they compliment it, and I have to blurt out, ‘It’s machine-washable, too!’”


  • “I managed to buy the Wind Vintage × True North Rally Timer IV ‘Dreamsicle’ watch. I was lucky and checked five minutes before the release. They’re now sold out, but I recommend the Heritage Chronograph.”—Jeremy White, senior writer, Gear


  • Reviews editor Les Shu bought a waterproof speaker for his bathroom—which sounds like a splurge, but he got it for around $50.


  • “I call my mom more because of these earbuds,” says Harry Rabinowitz, A/V editor. “I sound amazingly clear and loud on all my phone calls, no matter where I am. I recommend them even at full price.”

THE EDIBLES

  • “I love ginger shots. I figured perhaps I could make my own. I bought this juicer, a new litter box, cat food, and melatonin cat treats.”—Sophie Kleeman, senior editor, Business


  • “I love this tumbler.”—Louryn Strampe, writer, Reviews



  • What’s WIRED’s energy drink of choice? During a shopping holiday, it’s all Celsius.


  • One colleague’s persnickety cat—we won’t name names—will only eat these.

WHAT I’M READING

The best new stuff on WIRED.

This Might Be the Best-Looking Affordable Luggage

 

We tested Quince’s homage to Away.

READ MORE

The Most Expensive G-Shock Ever Made

 

I love my “dad watch,” a $90 rubber Casio G-Shock. This one is sapphire crystal, and it’s $80,000.

READ MORE

We’re Picky About Water Bottles. You Should Be Too

 

We put them through the daily grind. Here’s what we like.

READ MORE

It’s Still a Great Time to Buy a Kindle

 

If you read at night with the light on, your partner will thank you.

READ MORE

The Best of WIRED in Your Inbox

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletters.

This email was sent to you by WIRED. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add our email address, wired@newsletters.wired.com, to your address book.

View our Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment